Advanced Certification Webinars (4 Days x 4 Hours each)
Advanced Management and Leadership Workshop
for Presidential, Executive and Administrative Assistants
Focus on Professional Skills for Acting with Clarity and Impact,
Building Personal and Team Excellence, and Project-Management and
Applying best practices, new skills and
Harvard University Global System™ Tools
November 30 - December 3, 2021
Webinars' Local Time in Your City
Below are previous-clients' locations. If your city is not listed, please
click here for your local time. Update the seminar date, if necessary
. Thank you.
11am-3pm UTC-4: Atlanta, Boston, Miami, Montréal, New York, Ottawa, Philadelphia,
Québec, Santiago, Sherbrooke, Toronto, Washington
10am-2pm UTC-5: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Mexico City, Minneapolis, Omaha, San Antonio, Winnipeg
9am-1pm UTC-6: Calgary, Denver, Edmonton, Regina, Salt Lake City, Saskatoon, Yellowknife
8am-12pm UTC-7: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle
12-4pm UTC-3: Buenos Aires, Charlottetown, Fredericton, Halifax, Moncton, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo
3-7pm UTC+0: Abidjan, Accra, Bamako, Casablanca, Dakar, Reykjavik
4-8pm UTC+1: Algiers, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lagos, Lisbon, London, Manchester, Tunis
5-9pm UTC+2: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Frankfurt,
Hamburg, Geneva, Liège, Lille, Lyon, Madrid, Munich, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Pretoria, Stockholm, Strasbourg,
Vienna, The Hague, Warsaw, Zurich
6-10pm UTC+3: Ankara, Athens, Bahrain, Doha, Helsinki, Kuwait, Nairobi, Riyadh, Sofia, Tallinn, Tel Aviv
7-11pm UTC+4: Abu Dhabi, Baku, Dubai, Tbilisi
11pm-3am UTC+8: Hong Kong, Kuala Lampur, Shanghai, Singapore, Taipei
12-4am UTC+9: Seoul, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe
1-5am UTC+10: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
3-6am UTC+12: Auckland, Wellington
Increasing Responsibilities and Demands on Your Precious Time
Important responsibilities, once reserved for managers, are now gradually assigned to competent assistants who learn
fast and are focused and tactful. There is a growing demand for these professionals who possess the skills to:
- Act with clarity and impact;
- Manage projects;
- Plan work, organize and lessen the bosses' workload;
- Anticipate the details that count for multiple bosses;
- Manage difficult people and situations;
- Cooperate and negotiate with peers, management, clients and others inside and outside the organization;
- Deliver solid results with minimum guidance.
Through practical exercises and real-life illustrations, this intensive workshop builds on the first seminar to equip
you with tangible qualifications and tools to play a growing role in your team and excel. At the end of the complete
program, you will be thoroughly prepared to act with clarity and impacti.e.:
- Play a key productive role in your organization;
- Plan and coordinate projects with effective tools;
- Skillfully negotiate sensitive issues with your team and
better deals and conditions with suppliers and clients;
- Deploy your strengths better to orient, coach and supervise your staff (if any);
- Remove the main barriers to sound career growth and turn your dream and vision into reality.
Detailed Outline (2 days - 1.5 CEU)
1. Professionalism for Presidential and Executive Assistants
- Strength-deployment (SDI) exercise to identify and learn to deploy your
strengths at work and at home
- Practical success and failure lessons from participants
- How to improve your decision quality and acceptance
2. Project-Management Skills to Take Charge
- Harvard® tools to make plans and progress clear to everyone
- How to draft and validate your project scope
- Estimating time, resources and cost: Best practices and PMI Book of Knowledge
- Professional scheduling: Least-cost scenario
- Personal exercises and teamwork in scheduling and time acceleration
- How to allocate resource: Single and multiple projects
- How to identify and manage risks; practical exercise
- How to streamline and, if necessary, fast-track work
3. Rapid Progress-Tracking Tools and Skills
- Work progress control: How to assess project status
- Early warnings to prevent delays and cost overruns
4. Negotiation Skills Critical to Your Success
- How to prepare for formal and impromptu negotiation with bosses, peers, clients,
suppliers and subordinates
- Common errors and tips to avoid rigid positions
- Subtle elements that can make or break deals
- Practice exercises: Dealing with objections, power, ploys, hostility,
lack of commitment and concessions
- How to express disagreement and avoid deadlocks
- How to reach good deals or exit amiably, if required
5. Putting It All Together
- Preparing cautiously for important managerial responsibility: Vital knowledge,
skills and attitudes to move forward.
Webinar Leader: Alain Paul MARTIN
At the dawn of its inception, PDI led the world in gender
equity by delivering the first graduate-level leadership-skills program for women. Fast forward 15 years, and armed
with invaluable clients' experience in aerospace (Boeing, Bombardier, Canadian Space Agency, MDA), banking,
building & infrastructure (Skanska), mining (Boliden, Teck), defense and governments, we launched an ongoing initiative
to make Harvard®
tools accessible (without compromising value) to everyone in our clients' project
teams. As a result, PDI led the world again us by delivering Advanced Workshops to enable Executive and Administrative
Assistants to excel in procurement negotiations and fully participate in team innovation, project management (strategy
formulation, scheduling, scarce-resource allocation, budgeting…) and progress control, as indicated in
participant-testimonies' video on YouTube
. Empowering Executive assistants, with skills of lasting value, is not
only fair, humane and dignified; but it is among the best evidence-based business investments yielding immediate returns.
Alain Paul Martin
has a deep commitment and an extensive
experience in mentoring, training and coaching executive, administrative and presidential assistants and their leaders,
both the public and private sectors, NGOs and unions. While he teamed-up, in a wide variety of working conditions,
both face-to-face and
in virtual teams, with senior executives and their respective assistants, he has witnessed first-hand the grueling
workload and challenges facing assistants, most of whom are competent, capable and dedicated professionals, eager to excel.
That is why at Harvard University, he devoted an important part of his research to the advancement of administrative
professionals in the workplace, to enable them to build and harness career opportunities of lasting value. He continues to
focus on developing universally marketable collaborative, organizational, innovative and high-paying skills and
practical tools, that make a difference to
the users' performance and their organization, every working day, even during the COVID pandemic.
He is credited by many of his professional-development
alums to have had an inspiring and positive impact in their advanced education and upward mobility.
As Chief Architect, Harvard University Global System™
and CEO, The Professional Development
Institute, Alain continues to lead workshops/webinars and manage diverse work teams, innovation panels and advisory &
comprising executive and administrative assistants,
managers, scientists, engineers, production, marketing & sales and other professionals of various
levels in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Europe and Africa. He is a lifelong student and practitioner of innovation
sciences (leadership, system thinking, operations research, cognitive neuroscience, organization behavior and
alternative dispute resolution).
Alain is a 2012 Harvard Fellow, Advanced Leadership and a Harvard Business School's entrepreneurship alumnus
(1997-99 OPM). He graduated in Commerce (Quantitative Methods) from Concordia University (Montréal) and studied advanced
technology in Lille, France. He acquired skills in innovation, system thinking, change management and organization
behavior at the MIT Sloan School of Management and the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland (GIC), and mediation and
advanced negotiation for lawyers, at Harvard Law School, from which he is certified to teach negotiation in
corporations. For more: 4-page C.V. in PDF format
and detailed C.V.
Workshop Locations and Hotel Accomodation
Groups of 3
|Seminar I (2.5 days)
|Adv. Seminar (2 days)
|Complete 4.5-day program
Registration and Cancellation Procedures
To register, please contact us either by:
- email at email@example.com.
Specify your name, position, organization, phone number(s)
and the webinar you wish to attend.
- call us toll free in the USA and Canada: 1-800-HARVARD;
international: +1 819-772-7777.
Please pay in advance by credit card.
as a group must send substitutes in lieu of canceling.
For other clients, cancellations are accepted if made at least 10 working days
prior to the course, and are subject to a $150 service charge per person. Full
fees are payable by anyone who fails to attend or cancels less than 10 working
days prior to the session. One substitution or transfer to a later course of
the same duration is accepted.
Bring This Program to Your Organization
We deliver private versions of this program worldwide, online, at the client's site and in tailor-made hybrid variants,
to business and governments, NGOs and bar
associations and other societies. We would be delighted to work together with your team anywhere. Ask us
for a proposal based on the number of participants, the seminar duration, and a selection of cutting-edge
course materials and case studies, most applicable to your specific environment.
Our fees are reasonable. Sales and value-added taxes (HST and PST or VAT) are extra.
The client is responsible for the conference room and audio-visual materials.