How to Nurture Imagination, Creativity, Innovation Quality and Scaling
August 12-13, 2019
Innovation is everyone's business in leading organizations. This workshop permits the participants
Acquire the cutting-edge competencies, proven instruments and best practices
to master the process of innovation, nurture imagination,
improve innovation quality, with less guesswork. These competencies and tools are vital to compete globally,
build and retain clients and
high-performing teams, both in
technological and non-technological fields.
conditions conducive to a constant stream of mission-driven innovations
across the value chain.
These conditions should spark novel options by seeding, stimulating
and exploring a complete panorama of choices
in crafting strategies, goals and deliverables;
mobilizing and allocating resources; prototyping;
securing buy-ins; mitigating risks; executing and
Note: innovation deliverables can be a product, a service, a policy
or an enabling process.
WORKSHOP OUTLINE (Two 8-Hour Days, 2 CEU)
1. Asking the Right Questions & Building the Foundations for Synergy
- Pre-requisites for sustainable innovation
- Challenging the Rules of the Game.
Sketching and constantly refining working goals
- Applying "system thinking in context"
to question assumptions,
probe boundaries and practices,
reinvent the rules of the game,
and re-frame to innovate
- Crafting the corridors of navigation for discovery,
learning and creating value
- Team-synergy exercise stretching the participants comfort zone
2. Crafting Your Innovators Canvas
- Configuring, pruning and updating the canvas
- Current and emerging threats and opportunities
- The future including pathways to get there
- Innovation activities
3. Innovative Thinking: Methods, Techniques and Harvard®
- Anchoring the innovation: Scope,
value chain, uncertainties, iterative milestones
and evaluation mechanisms
- Harvard® Creativity Template
and framework to boost
innovation capacity and velocity:
Thinking outside the box with a free flow of ideas,
inventing real and fuzzy options,
with less guesswork
- How to stimulate creativity, build, improve upon everyones
suggestions and have fun
- How to harness and challenge abductive arguments
and open new vistas for potential innovations
- Rules for healthy and provocative auto-critique
and collective critique
- Sketching the forest and building a value proposition
from a cluster of choices:
Illustrations from corporate finance and aerospace
- Lessons from Amazon,
Dr. Joseph Lister, Louis Pasteur and Procter &
Gambles longest profitable innovation
- Testing for quality, usability
4. Teamwork Exercises: Practicing Synergistic Innovation and System Thinking
- How to stimulate critical
thinking, build upon each others
ideas and co-create
- Iterative innovation rounds:
Brainstorming and validating creative options
- Intergroup learning and feedback
5. How to Create the Conditions Conducive to Innovation Excellence
- How to address serious threats stifling innovation
- Normalization of deviance, groupthink, perfection syndromes,
the valley of death
- Risks and opportunities facing champions, underdogs and riders?
- Practical lessons from successes and failures
6. Synthesis & Conclusion
WORKSHOP LEADER: ALAIN PAUL MARTIN, INVENTOR, SCHOLAR AND R&D LEADER
TUITION FEES (PUBLIC WORKSHOPS)
2 days: Regular fees: $1695; Government: $1495;
Group fees for 3 or more participants: $1450 per person.
Fees include a workbook, PPT hand-outs, road maps,
Martins upcoming brainstorming guide, and a daily
continental breakfast plus hot and soft drinks during the
morning and afternoon pauses, but exclude hotel
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION PROCEDURES
To register, please contact us by email at email@example.com
or call us toll free in the USA and Canada: 1-800-HARVARD; international: +1 819-772-7777.
We are open Mondays through Thursdays (9 AM - 4:00 PM EDT); voicemail: 24/7.
Please pay in advance by credit card.
as a group must send substitutes in lieu of canceling.
For other clients, cancellations are accepted if made at least 10 working days
prior to the course, and are subject to a $150 service charge per person. Full
fees are payable by anyone who fails to attend or cancels less than 10 working
days prior to the session. One substitution or transfer to a later course of
the same duration is accepted.
WORKSHOP LOCATIONS AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
BRING THIS WORKSHOP TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
We deliver in-house versions of this workshop worldwide to business and governments, NGOs and bar
associations and other societies. We would be delighted to work together with your team anywhere. Ask us
for a proposal based on the number of participants, the seminar duration and a selection of cutting-edge
course materials and case studies most applicable to your environment.
Our fees are reasonable. The travel expenses, if any, for seminar leaders are on cost-recovery basis. If applicable in your jurisdiction, sales and value-added taxes (HST and PST or VAT) are extra.
The client is responsible for the conference room and audio-visual materials.